Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Update on my pups



Marshy, Bear and Jack have been such good boys to have around the house.  Marshy is nearly complete with his winter coat shed. Bear doesn't shed much at all, and Jack's hair isn't as fluffy, but he's constantly shedding, but isn't as noticeable because Marshmallow's is so out of control.

We did have an incident a while back with Amazon letting the dogs out.  One day it was really rainy, and it was early in the spring where the grass was not growing really well just yet, and the dogs had turned the backyard into a real muddy mess.  Instead of putting the dogs in the back and having them get even more muddy, I put them in the garage and shut the garage door so they could dry off a bit and get it all over inside.  Well Amazon did a delivery and used the Key app to open the garage.  Unfortunately the dogs were in there.  Here is a video of the driver delivering the package and then shutting the garage door while Marshmallow and Bear followed him out.  The video of the door opening is cut, but shows him closing it after leaving the package. 


I've found that when they do escape, Jack hangs around and doesn't leave.  But Marshmallow and Bear stay together and head in a westerly direction.  Out of the several times they managed to get out, here is where I've found them.

  1. Many block south (and still east of 1000) 
  2. Several blocks west of 1000 heading towards Jensen park
  3. Several blocks west of 1000 heading towards Jensen park
  4. At Jensen park (thanks to Austin for helping find them)
  5. Got a call from someone right on 1000 on the west side (less than a block away)
I've got each gate now protected with dual gates.  Just in case one of them is left open, there is still a second layer of escape protection.  Each dog has a "Oh Crap I'm lost" tag with a QR code for anyone to scan to get in touch with me.  Given that I work from home and they spend most of the day with me, they really don't have much opportunity to just sit alone in the back and explore ways to get out. 

Getting ready to head to the dog park.
With Jasper (Celeste's German Shepherd pup)

I take them to the dog park about two or three times a week.  And they LOVE IT.  They can sense when I'm even thinking about taking them.  They perk right up and give me 100% eye contact and attention.  When I say the words "dog park" then their attention just goes to pure excitement and then the words "let's get in the truck" confirms their attention and Bear can't contain himself as he gives a double bark of approval.

I recently got a 360 camera and put it on Jack.  Here's a short video of it:


No comments:

Post a Comment