Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Jack's expecting a baby brother

 So I've caught Cathi on the internet looking at things behind my back.  I came up behind her and saw her on KSL Classifieds looking at puppies.  Not just any kind of puppy, but Newfoundland/Poodle mixes: Newfypoos.

After several days of talking with her about it, I did some researching on my own as well and found a new litter in Orem that got posted.  I found one with a very cute white section from head to tail along his front, named "Steve". 

"Steve" has such cute white markings
but notice how thick his fur is?
That's fine and all, but I can't see
his eyes.

I texted the breeder and paid a $200 deposit. 

We went down the next day to check him out. On the drive down to see the puppies we were coming up with names:

  • Bear
  • Chewie
  • Moose
  • Gus

One thing I discovered about physical qualities in a dog that I love, in addition to a long tail, is their eyes.  Nothing beats that intense eye contact you can get from a dog.  To me it means they trust you when your eyes lock, and that they give a crap about you (unlike a cat).

When we got there I noticed the texture of Steve's hair was curly and long, and I couldn't see his eyes very well.  Whereas the brown puppy, Vegas, had fur that was much smoother and not curly.  I could see his eyes very clearly.  

Here is our boy. His fur is
softer to the touch, not curly
but soft like a bear.  I can see his eyes
clearly and cuter than ever.


As soon as we saw Vegas, the brown pup, his personality and physical appearance appealed to us.  He played with Sam, and Oliver while Cathi just admired the whole crew of puppies.  She was just "ewwing" the whole time, melting over the brood of cuteness.  She even asked "could we get a 'two-for..." deal?"  I stopped her there, "Cathi!".  No way are we gonna get two puppies at the same time.  
Oh my gosh, Jack is gonna over-
exert his tail when he see's his
baby brother waddle into the room.

When we go Jack there was a time when I got permission from Cathi to proceed getting Jack's sister, "Georgia".  I brought her over and after seeing them interact for about an hour realized the complexity of trying to train two puppies at the same time.  Their attention would be on each other rather than the me as the trainer. So getting two of these pups just isn't gonna happen.

At any rate, we all discussed it and decided to go with this brown puppy instead of the original pup we were coming down to see.  "Steve" had such beautiful markings, I'm sure he will go quick.  But for me the hair texture and color was the thing that got me willing to switch.


We get to go pick him up on Friday afternoon!  We are so excited.



1 day old

This newborn dog is cuter than
most newborn humans, IMO.














We've had a lot of discussion in the family on his name.  Hopefully we get that figured out before we pick him up.  



No comments:

Post a Comment