Saturday, November 28, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

 This last week I've been working on the following:

Jack:

  • Bear napping with Kitty after a walk to the park
    No barking when Brutus (the neighbors dog) retrieves a ball for me that I throw in the neighbors back yard for him to retrieve for me.  Jack gets really jealous and when Brutus fetches the ball and returns it to me at the slot in the end of the fence, Jack goes nuts and starts to bark.  So I'm working on telling him to obey the "Don't bark" command.  And he's starting to do well when I'm firm with him and command right before the ball is returned so he doesn't forget.  
  • "kiss" - I'm trying to get him to give me a kiss on command.  This works best when I have beef jerky which he absolutely loves.
  • Chilling with Jack
Bear:
  • Sit is 100% and he does it without even being commanded.  He knows that'll get him a treat every time.
  • Lay down - He's getting better at this, but still not without me reaching down to point to the ground.
  • He's showing an interest in the squeaky ball and will chase after it and put it in his mouth (unless Jack gets to it first).  So we are working on just getting him to chase it every time.  Once that's solid we will work on bring it.
  • His sleeping is better this past week.
Thanksgiving at our house was so fun.  We had Lucy and Cody join us on Thanksgiving day and we had a good time.  Then on Black Friday, Austin and Jacob and their wives joined us. It was quite the enjoyable long weekend.

The dogs have really enjoyed all the ham and turkey bones and it was cool to see Jack and Bear get along during all that bone crunching time. Once Jack finished his bone and came slowly in for Bear’s bone. But Bear wouldn’t have it and knew what he was going for and jumped towards him with a little snarl. He kept it that time. 

Cathi and I have done good this week taking these dogs on walks.  I used to take Jack every single day, but in the summer time gave up on it as it was too dang hot.  With Bear we've picked it back up. and we've gone on about 4 walks this past week to Jensen Park and back.  Today Bear crossed the stream with Jack and me without hesitation.  Granted the water is extremely shallow, but fun to see him enjoy the water.
Jack and Bear love their walks

Kicking off the Christmas season!

I got Jack a Christmas outfit.  A Santa figure riding on his back.  Here's some fun video.  And I didn't notice at the time, but when I told Jack to lay down, little Bear did too.  What a sweet little cub.

 

In terms of growth, not a ton of changes from last week. Jack was the same, but Bear gained 2 pounds and got a little longer.

Check out this old. An old man in Florida saved his puppy from a baby alligator that snatched up his puppy while out on his walk!  Conservationists are like "We need to coexist and live alongside wildlife." Umm OK, well this is what happens. This dude is a stud. Nothing is going to have my dog for lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment